Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I'm back!

I'm back -- both literally and literarily. Seems I've accomplished what I sent out to do in Shanghai and now I'm awaiting my next assignment. I spent my last few days in Shanghai packing up the apartment and shipping everything back. Of course, I made the obligatory stop by my favorite DVD store and went nuts. The guy at the store saw me eyeing the Oscar box set which had every best picture ever for US$100. I'm still not 100% convinced these aren't illegal copies (wink, wink) so I decided to limit myself to bringing in 80 discs which meant no Oscar Party. I decided to pick up every epidsode of South Park instead.

I was able to order lunch unassisted yesterday which was the first time I've been able to do so in about a month. It's the small things in life you miss the most. After a 3 week camping trip in Nambia I took back in 2004, I was quite surprised that what I missed the most was flipping on a light switch.

I'll try to post a few more thoughts in the next few days as a lot of weird stuff has happened to me in the last few days. Heck, I could write for days just about my cousin's eccentric wedding last weekend! Stay tuned....

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?