Monday, May 07, 2007

Notes from My Business School Reunion

I spent the weekend in the Bay Area attending my business school 5 year reunion and came away with the following thoughts (in no particular order):

1. My classmates at Stanford aged very well. For the most part, everyone looked pretty much the way I remembered them looking. A handful of people had shorter or longer hair but for the most part just about everyone was instantly recognizable.
2. While there were a lot of people missing that I really wanted to see (I think turn-out was about 50% of the class), there were so many people in attendance whom I haven't seen in such a long time that it was easy not to focus on the missing people.
3. Evening events should always be indoors!
4. There was virtually no involvement from the faculty or staff at the reunion. I think it would have been nice if the Dean had attended and given a few words.
5. The event was far too short. I could have easily spent an entire week just hanging out with my classmates talking about work and life and such.
6. There are no changing tables in the men's bathroom in Arrillaga. What's up with that?
7. I was a bit surprised by the number of people who confided that they are having trouble conceiving a child. Most of my classmates are only in their early 30s, well-educated, wealthy, and in great physical shape. Just more data for my assertion that natural selection for humans may be dead (to be the subject for a posting some time in the future).
8. Although I spent only two years with these people and haven't seen many of them in 5 years, we were able to pick up old friendships very easily.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing all of my long term partners at the next GSB reunion!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?